Can be tapered • Coated core matches the cover • High strength • Lightweight • Moderate stretch
Built of a first-of-its-kind blended HMPE and nylon core, with a 24-strand polyester cover, MLX3 offers the best line for the recreational racer who is just as competitive as the pros, but doesn't want to go to extremes.
|WEIGHT PER 100 FT. (LBS)||1.7||3.1||4.7||6||6.5||8.7|
|AVG. STRENGTH (LBS)||3,400||4,500||7,700||9,800||12,000||17,200|
|ELASTIC STIFFNESS (LBS)||129,000||217,000||344,000||390,000||428,000||569,000|
Diameters have been recalibrated for accurate metric sizing.
Compared to the original MLX, MLX3 has been re-calibrated for accurate metric sizing, with resulting slight strength and stretch differences. Accurate metric sizing improves MLX3's fit and performance with a broad range of rigging hardware.
• HMPE (high modulous polyethylene)/nylon blended core imparts superior strength and very low stretch
• 24-strand cover of solution-dyed polyester provides excellent grip
• Can be tapered
• Easier to splice than MLX
• Splice Type - Double Braid Class II
• Specific gravity - 1.16 (water = 1.0)
• Elastic elongation = 0.49% at 10% BL; 0.74% at 20% BL; 1.00% at 30% BL
|Used For:||halyards, mainsheets, spinnaker sheets, jib/genoa sheets, and control lines.|
|Construction||Hi-tech Double Braid. HMPE and nylon core, with a 24-strand polyester cover.|
|Short Description||MLX3 is a lightweight, core-dependent line that has excellent strength and moderate stretch. The core is coated to match the cover, making the line strippable for greater weight savings.|