Samson XLS Yacht Braid
Exceedingly popular, Samson's XLS Yacht Braid offers low stretch and high strength in an easy handling, double braided polyester line. This line is ideal for the cruising sailor who desires extra low stretch performance, as well as the cruiser/racer for certain applications.
Use XLS as a stronger, lower stretch, more abrasion resistant product than the LS standard yacht braid. It is ideal for halyards, for example, where its low stretch eliminates the need to re-adjust. Note that this line also has many possible applications outside the marine industry.
XLS is a performance-oriented polyester double braid that remains flexible under use, is colorfast and fade resistant, and has ultraviolet protection.
• Flexible, good handling characteristics, excellent abraision resistance
• Elongation when loaded at 30% of breaking strength is 2.9%
• 16-plait polyester cover with 3 ends per carrier
• Splicing technique: class I double braid splice
• Note that the 3/16" size has a parallel core, and is not spliceable
- Control Line
- Dinghy Control Line
- Jib/Genoa Sheet
- Spinnaker Guy
- Spinnaker Sheet
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Highest strength double braid polyester rope
- Lowest stretch of our polyester double braids
|DIAM. (inch)||WEIGHT PER 100 FT. (lbs)||AVG. STRENGTH (lbs)||DIAM. (mm)||WEIGHT PER 100 M (kg)||AVG. STRENGTH (kg)|
Size 3/16" (5 mm) is not spliceable.