Samson Amsteel - Grey
AmSteel is a 12-strand construction of Samthane-coated Dyneema SK-60 fibers that is an economical alternative to AmSteel-Blue. AmSteel is a non-rotational rope that yields high strength and low stretch — equivalent to wire rope, but with only 15% the weight! This rope has a very high strength-to-weight ratio, is stronger than wire rope constructions, yet it floats. In addition, it's flexible, easily spliced, and resists flex-fatigue and abrasion.
The Samthane™ coating is abrasion resistant, and has different formulations for specific rope fiber types.
The Samthane coating adds firmness and greatly improves wear life.
It also enhances abrasion resistance, reduces cutting and snagging, and helps prevent contamination.
AmSteel's combination of light weight, high strength and extremely low stretch has applications in competition grade running rigging, kite/wakeboard/waterski lines, trawl and bridle lines, and as low stretch support lines (wire replacement). It is ideal for dinghy lifting bridles.
• Elongation when loaded at 30% of breaking strength is less than 1%
• Constructed with Dyneema® SK-60 HMPE (high molecular weight polyethylene) fiber
• Does not absorb water
• 12-Strand hollow braid construction
• Splicing technique: full-bury 12-strand splice
• Strengths in specification table are for spliced lines
• Sold by the foot
- Competition Grade Running Rigging
- Kite/Wakeboard/Waterski Lines
- Trawl and Bridle Lines
- Wire Replacement - Non Jacketed
- High Performance Tug Lines
- Pulling and Stringing Lines
- Low Stretch Support Lines (Wire Replacement)
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Wire Replacement Ropes
|DIAM. (inch)||CIRC. (inch)||WEIGHT PER 100 FT. (lbs)||AVG. STRENGTH (lbs)||MIN. STRENGTH (lbs)||DIAM. (mm)||CIRC. (mm)||WEIGHT PER 100 M (kg)||AVG. STRENGTH (kg)||MIN. STRENGTH (kg)|
|1 1/16||3 1/4||26.3||102,000||89,200||26||78||39.1||46,300||40,500|
|1 1/8||3 1/2||30.6||117,000||102,000||28||84||45.5||53,100||46,400|
|1 1/4||3 3/4||34.9||132,000||115,000||30||90||51.9||59,900||52,400|
|1 1/2||4 1/2||48.8||178,000||156,000||36||108||72.6||80,700||70,600|
|1 3/4||5 1/2||73.5||259,000||227,000||44||132||109||117,000||103,000|
|2 1/8||6 1/2||102||350,000||306,000||52||156||152||159,000||139,000|
|2 1/2||7 1/2||142||470,000||411,000||60||180||211||213,000||186,000|